Grt: 1001, LOA: 63.8m, Beam 9.32m, Draft 2.7m
24. The vessel, previously named the "Admiral Lunin", the "Kara Dag" and the "Seniorita" was built in Bulgaria in 1965 as a naval training ship for the Russian navy. In 1989 she was brought to Greece and soon after was transferred into the ownership of Seniorita Shipping. From 1989 to 1993 the vessel was laid up at Eleusis. In 1993 the management was put into the hands of Mr Manzariotis of Evia Yachts with a view to the vessel being refurbished. In 1993-94 conversion work was carried out at the Avlis Yard. It is unclear what the nature of the conversion was and how much was spent. The Assuredsí evidence was that a sum in the region of Dr 200 million (US$840,000) was spent. The Tolakis Particulars indicated that Dr 140 million had been spent. The Insurer submitted that the sum spent cannot have been more than Dr 125 million and, in view of the later arrest documents, the likelihood was that very much less than this was spent. It is unnecessary to reach a concluded view about this; but I reject the suggestion that Dr 200 million was spent at this time.
25. The vessel appears to have passed a special survey for non trading vessels in 1994. This survey would not have included the engines, but was sufficient to allow the vessel to be traded as a bar/cafeteria; and she was authorised for this purpose in the Chalkis area on 31 October 1994. Unfortunately, the bar/cafeteria venture was not a success. The venture only lasted about 40 days and, shortly after, the vessel was arrested by her creditors, which included Evia Yachts which claimed the principal sum of Dr 21m. At some time in 1994 or 1995 the Tolakis Particulars were prepared, with a view to selling the ship.
26. On 2 May 1996, a report was prepared for the Court at Chalkis following an inspection of the vessel. The report noted that there was no one on board the vessel and that the engine did not work. The report also recorded that the expert appointed by the company initiating the arrest proceedings estimated the value of the ship at Dr 30 million (approximately $100,000). An auction of the vessel was due to take place in May and October 1996 with a reserve price of Dr 15 million (approximately $50,000). It seems, however, that no such auction in fact took place and the vessel remained at her berth in Chalkis throughout 1997.
27. The position therefore, as at 31 December 1997, was that the vessel was 32 years old and, although some work had been carried out in 1993/94, she had been largely unemployed in the intervening 4 years.
36. In a letter of 9 February 1998 from Mr Xirotiris to Mr Lamaris of ATL Shipping Ltd in Cyprus Mr Xirotiris described the possibility of buying a ship, which had been described by the owners, represented by Mr Dimitropoulos, as ëan almost ready vessel-casinoí. Mr Xirotiris asked Mr Lamaris to appoint a representative in Greece and to evaluate the vessel. In their Closing Submissions the Insurer challenged the authenticity of this letter. However, I see no real basis for challenging its authenticity: in contrast to other documents the original was written in Greek and the contents do not indicate that the document was created later.
1. At some time between 01.45 and 02.00 hours on Wednesday 13 January 1999, while the "Game Boy" ("the vessel") /бывший "Кара-Даг" - ЯП/ was moored afloat at the Avlis shipyard in Greece with its portside adjacent to the starboard side of the MT "Hamilton", an explosive device was detonated at a point approximately 50cms below the waterline on the port side in way of the midships section of the hull. The explosion caused the hull plating to fracture and the resulting damage caused the vessel to list to starboard and partially to sink. The Defendants are the named assureds under a marine policy of insurance by which the Claimant agreed to indemnify the Defendants against insured perils.
Более подробная информация: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... en&ct=clnk
- тема о теплоходе "Алушта" (1960 г. постр., второе судно серии): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=646
- тема о теплоходе "Аджигол" (1961 г. постр., третье судно серии): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=636
- тема о теплоходе "Ай-Петри" (1962 г. постр., пятое судно серии): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=629
- тема о теплоходе "Гурьев", ныне "Veten" (1963 г. постр., седьмое судно серии): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=644
- тема о теплоходе "Юность", бывш. "Абрау-Дюрсо" (1964 г. постр., девятое судно серии): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=978
- тема о теплоходе "Соловки"(1964), бывш. "Ванемуйне", бывш. изначально "Артек" (1964 г. постр., десятое судно серии): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1226
- тема о теплоходе "Кара-Даг", позже "Адмирал Лунин" (1965 г. постр., одиннадцатое судно серии): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=700
Причина: Внесение дополнения. Модератор
Сейчас этот форум просматривают: нет зарегистрированных пользователей и 2 гостя